In honor the playoffs the Wages of Wins Network has a podcast discussing the first round of the playoffs.
Super Stat Team Assemble!
The podcast has two parts, one for each conference
- Super Stat Team Podcast – The Eastern Conference First Round
- Super Stat Team Podcast – The Western Conference First Round
If you’re interested in more you can also
With that here’s a run down of some links that may make listening more enjoyable.
Super Stat Smackdown
On with the main event. What fun is the playoffs without brackets and picks? In the same as the True Hoop Stat Geek Smackdown, the Wages of Wins Analysts are having a contest to see who can predict the playoffs the best.
- Alex Konkel of Sport Skeptic
- Arturo Galletti of Arturo’s Silly Little Stats
- Ben Gulker of Pistons by the Numbers
- Devin Dignam of NBeh? (Raptors)
- Dre Alvarez of Nerd Numbers
- Ian Levy of Hickory High (Pacers)
- Mosi Platt of the Miami Heat Index
- The contest will have four rounds. At the start of each round each contestant will submit a completed bracket predicting the winner and numbers of games for all remaining playoff series out until the NBA Championship.
- For each series picked correctly the player gets 5 points. For each correct number of games the player gets 2 points.
- If a player does not change their pick for winner in a series from a previous round they get 2 points per round they do not change their pick. If they do not change the pick of the finals winner from the start of the contest they get an extra 4 points in addition to their 2 points per round (8 points total)
- Highest point total wins!
Eastern Conference Quarter Finals