A game ending taunt dished out by the winning team in any competition, usually when the final winning blow occurs. It originated on a sketch from Chappelle’s Show where Charlie Murphy plays Prince in basketball. Sometimes simply “blouses” is used.
From Urban Dictionary
Cool stuff is up.
- Brand Shiny New Podcast
- Smackdown Update
- MVP post.
- 1st round wrap-up and second round picks are up (for some crazy reason I had the Mavs 🙂 )
- Recaps for 1st Round series
Did you watch the game tonight?
Intro & Background first.
I’m going to be posting an advanced Box Score during the playoffs
- Basic information: Player , Team, Game ID (Who,what and when)
- Classic Stats:Points ,Shots, Offensive Rebounds, Defensive Rebounds,Steals,Blocks, Assists (Because the classics are classics for a reason).
- Simple spins on classics: % of Team Minutes (player minutes as % of total minutes available), Position (average player position)
- Possesion and Play stats:
- Offensive Plays : Field Goal attempts + .434 Free Throw Attempts + Turnovers
- Usage of Offensive Plays : % of Offensive plays used by player when in the game
- All the classic Offensive Efficiency stats (and some slightly modded ones):
- Effective Field Goal %=(FG + 0.5 * 3P) / FGA
- True Shooting %=Pts / (2 * (FGA + 0.44 * FTA)
- Points per Shot = Pts/FGA
- Points per Offensive Play= Pts/Offensive Plays
- Do it Yourself Offensive Point Margin Stats:
- Offensive Point Margin: this is the marginal value created by the player per offensive play spent. The calculation is:
- OPM = (Points per Play for Player- Avg Points per play for Player for League)*Offensive Plays for Player
- Defensive Point Margin: this is the marginal value surrendered by the player per offensive play spent. The calculation is:
- DPM = (Points per Play for Opponent- Avg Points per play for Player for League)*Offensive Plays for Opponent. I’m doing this one by position averages per game.
- Combined Margin: this is just OPM-DPM
- Rebounding Rates: % of Rebounds on Offense, % of Rebounds on Defense.
- The Classic Wins Produced stats (explained here) and my own opponent adjusted Wins Produced Stats (explained here). The difference? Classic assumes the opposing player is average. Opponent adjusted goes out and checks by position.
Parking Lot items :
- Do DPM based on average points per play for opponent.
- Add other advanced metricss (PER,Win Shares,EZPM, etc.)
Remember kids, my tastes are reflected in this (and they may not line up with yours).
I encourage you to comment and make suggestions as the eventual goal is to build an automatic version of this.
The raw data is here as a google doc (it’s updated)
And now the games for tonight.
Bulls-Hawks Game 3
The Bulls are better than the Hawks.Particularly when the MVP shows up. Derrick Rose come on down! He put up the 6th best performance of the playoffs so far. Gibson had a good night as well. I believe I said the Bulls were ten points a game better than the Hawks. So far? +22 points in 3 games. They’ll get there.
Lakers-Mavs Game 3
Terry and Dirk layed down the Law. Only Blake showed up for LA. What happened to the heart of a champion?
Hey Laker Fans, here’s a crazy idea:
Pretty crazy right?
Smackdown lead here I come!